Sunday, January 17, 2010

Wondering thoughts...

So I'm sitting here watching popular videos of 2008. Why you may ask... Well I have no idea. I spend a lot of time alone in my dorm room these days. It's not really conducive to staying optimistic about life, but it's what I do. Most of the people I'm surrounded by do not have the same values that I do. They don't see that talking behind peoples backs and generally looking down on everyone is a bad thing. I take pleasure in the little things and tend to be grateful for everyday I am given.
It scares me that recently there have been no prospects in the romance department. I know some people never meet "the one" but generally it is thought that by college most people have experienced the life event that is being in a relationship. I have never experienced this. I have no sort of ill-conceived notion about falling in love, but I do want to experience having a relationship. I've never really felt the contentment that I comes with having one person that accepts you for who you are. One person that wants to spend all their free time with you. I want to find someone that I can be with and will understand me. I have heard many a times that you must love yourself before others can love you, well I don't exactly think I can love myself anymore than I do. Of course there are things I would change physically, but as a person I love who I am. I have been through a lot and I feel that I have emerged victorious. So, what am I doing wrong? Maybe nothing, maybe everything. I guess I just have to wait and see. I do not presume to think and a partner will make every wrong thing right, but I feel empty sometimes. I feel like there is something missing. I don't feel that I NEED someone to make me feel better, I just want to share my life with another person. Is that so much to ask? I think not.

No comments:

Post a Comment